Effective Date: September 26, 2023
In some circumstances, we may provide you with additional or supplemental privacy notices to the extent they apply to you because of the products and services you obtain from us or different laws that may apply to you. If you are a resident of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, Virginia, or another state that may provide additional privacy rights, please refer to the Additional Information Regarding Your State Privacy Rights section.
Who We Are
When we say “Homelendia.com” we mean companies that are controlled by Homelendia Mortgage, LLC and share the Homelendia name or are on the Homelendia platform. A reference to “Homelendia”, “we” or “us” is a reference to the relevant Homelendia Company in the Homelendia Family of Companies that is involved in the processing activity. This policy does not appl to Homelendia affiliates that aren’t in the Homelendia Family of Company (“Affiliates”), and the data practices of Affiliates are governed by their own privacy policies.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide us. For example, we collect information from you when you create a Homelendia account, fill out a form or otherwise submit content through our Services, are referred to us via on of our third-party professional partner relationships, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest, promotion or survey, request customer support or information about our Services, or otherwise communicate with us.
The specific information we collect depends on the context in which you provide it, and could include:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Social security number
- Location and approximate value of your property
- Demographic information, such as race, ethnicity and gender gathered pursuant to federal requirements
- Related loan products or services you have used in the past
- Financial information, such as income, assets and net worth
- Home ownership status and employment status
- Insurance information
- Other profile data, including your interests and preferences
- Any other information you choose to provide
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your interactions with us or our Services, including:
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or complete a transaction, we collect information about the transaction, such as product or service details, financial details and the date and location of the transaction
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers and device regional and language settings, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, products and services considered, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Your content: As you allow through your device or application, we may collect information and content stored on your device, such as photos.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time.
- Information Collect by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those who perform work for us) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your interactions with the Services.
- Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and which emails and advertisements you view, authenticate users, reconstruct or observe activity relating to a session or by a user for troubleshooting, issue resolution, and other purposes, and count visits to our websites.
- Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources in certain situations. For example, we may collect information about you from identity or other verification services, credit bureaus (including your credit report), advertising networks, mailing list providers, service providers and data brokers. Our Services may also allow or require you to integrate or connect your Homelendia account with third-party services through service providers.
The information we receive from such third parties varies depending on the information made available by those entities. Examples of the types of information we receive include financial account information, information about account balance, information about credit accounts, information about loan accounts, information about investment accounts, identifiers and information about account owners, information about account transactions and employment information.
Additionally, if you create or log into your Homelendia account through a third-party, such as Facebook or Google, we may have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, birthday, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or city or postal code or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on information you provide to us and your browsing behavior and past purchases.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to provide our Services to you.
Other Reasons to Collect Information
We also use the information we collect to:
- Fulfill or deliver the services you requested
- Provide, maintain, improve and develop new products, services and features, including debugging and repairing errors in our Services
- Personalize your experience with us
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages and other transactional or relationship messages, including responding to your inquiries and comments
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Homelendia and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and website
- Show you offers for third-party services personalized by you, based on information we have collected about you
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and awards
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and help protect the rights and property of Homelendia and others.
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations
- Fulfill any other purpose at your direction
How We Share Your Information
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy.
Sharing Among Homelendia Companies
Sharing With Affiliates
Homelendia also shares your information with our Affiliates. For example, we share, or may share, your information:
- With Affiliates that act as vendors, service providers and consultants that access personal information to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with call center/directory services
- With Affiliates for their own services and marketing purposes
- With Affiliates for regulatory reporting purposes and capturing performance metrics
- With Affiliates if we believe (1) that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, (2) that you have violated the law, or (3) it’s necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of Homelendia, our users, the public or others.
- In connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company
- With Affiliates with your consent or at your direction
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Sharing With Other Third Parties
Homelendia shares your information with non-affiliated third parties in the following circumstances:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers and consultants that access personal information to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, data analytics, property title and appraisal services, technical support marketing and advertising.
- If you submit a product review or post content in another public area of our Services, we may share this information publicly on our Services
- We share personal information with third parties for their own services and marketing purposes, analytics, and in some cases to jointly market and provide products and services with third parties.
- When you request information about services, offered by other companies, we may disclose information about you to those companies so that we or they can notify you of, and determine if you qualify for, products or services.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe (1) that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, (2) that you have violated the law, or (3) it’s necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of Homelendia, our users, the public or others.
- We share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction, including but not limited to through third-party integrations you choose to enable.
- We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Homelendia’s products are not intended for children. We don’t direct our Services to children under 16, or knowingly attempt to solicit or receive information from children.
California Shine The Light
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you’re a California resident and would like to make such a request, please call us at (407) 753-5230.
Processing Of Information In The United States and Other Countries
Homelendia is headquartered in the United States, and the Homelendia group of companies offers goods and services to consumers in the United States. We have operations and vendors in the United States. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdiction that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction.
Right to Correct Account Information
You may update and correct certain account information, or delete your account, by logging into your account or calling us at (407) 753-5230. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
You may choose to restrict the collection of your location. You may also request details of the personal information which we hold about you.
Changes To This Policy
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
Certain states, including California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia, require that we provide additional information regarding our privacy practices and your privacy rights. If you are a resident of those states, we provide you additional notices about our privacy practices and consumer rights relating to your information if you contact us.
Right to Limit Processing of Sensitive Personal Information
In California, you have the right to limit our processing of your Sensitive Personal Information to only uses which are necessary to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests such goods or services. When we collect your Sensitive Personal Information, we collect and use that information to perform the services or provide the goods for which that information is necessary and as reasonably expected by you.
Sale Of Personal Information
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia law require certain disclosures for companies that “sell” personal information persuant to the respective state’s privacy law. Each state defines the “sale” of data differently. In California, the “sale” of data means certain scenarios in which Homelendia has shared personal information with third parties or Affiliates, in exchange for valuable consideration. Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia define the “sale” of data as Homelendia exchanging personal information for monetary consideration with a non-affiliated third party.
Under Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia law, we do not “sell” your personal information.
Under California’s definition, we “sell” personal information to enable our Affiliates and certain third parties to use your information in accordance with their privacy policies. We “sell” the following categories of personal information to the following categories of third parties:
Right to Opt-Out of Selling
You have the right to opt out of the “sales” described above at any time by visiting our Do Not Sell My Personal Information webpage. We do not knowingly sell or share personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information Being Shared or Used In Targeted Advertising
California requires that we notify you if we “Share” your personal information with third parties. In California, “Sharing” means we make available or otherwise disclose your information to third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising. Further, “cross-context behavioral advertising” means targeting of advertising to you based on your personal information obtained from your activity across businesses, websites, apps, and services other than our Services.
Similarly, privacy laws in Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia require we notify you if we use your information for Targeted Advertising. Targeted Advertising means displaying advertisements to you where the advertisement is selected based on personal information obtained from your activities over time and across nonaffiliated websites or online applications to predict your preferences or interests.
Accordingly, we “Share” and use your information for Targeted Advertising. Specifically, we share your identifiers and internet or other network activity with our advertising partners.
You have the right to opt out of “sharing” or Targeted Advertising by accessing our Do Not Sell My Personal Information webpage.
Retention of Personal Information
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is reasonably necessary to carry out the purposes we disclose in this policy.
State Consumer Data Rights
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell, and to access your information, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) request correction of your personal information and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
You may make these requests by starting a request online or calling (407) 753-5230.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you’ve provided such agent with a power of attorney, or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. If you’re an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us as set out above.
California Financial Incentive Disclosure
California’s privacy law requires that we notify you if we provide you a program, benefit, or other offering, related to the collection, deletion, or sale of personal information, which it defines as a “financial incentive.” We may offer you certain financial incentives that may result in different prices, rates, or quality levels (for example, contests and referral programs). Through these offerings, consumers provide us with some personal information (e.g., names, emails, phone numbers) when they opt-in to our programs. There is no obligation to opt-in and consumers may opt-out at any time. The details of each program are contained in the program offering. We offer these programs, among other things, to enhance our relationship with you so you can enjoy more of our products/services at a lower price. We invest heavily in our marketing and brands, in part, so we can provide programs to our customers. Consumer data is valuable to our business only when it is combined with a sufficient number of other consumer data and after it is enhanced by our efforts herein described. The value to our business of any individual consumer’s personal information is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, whether and to what extent you take advantage of any offerings, whether and to what extent you opt out of any offerings, and whether we are able to enhance the data through our efforts herein described. Our ability to create any value from the programs is heavily based on our ability to leverage said intellectual properties. We do not calculate the value of consumer data in our accounting statements.
Each office in the Homelendia Mortgage network is independently owned, operated, and licensed. Homelendia Mortgage LLC is not a lender, bank, or broker, and this website is not an offer to accept or handle an application for a mortgage loan.
Homelendia Mortgage LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports the Fair Housing Act. ©2023 Homelendia Mortgage LLC
This information is not intended as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, a Homelendia Mortgage franchise. It is for informational purposes only. We will not offer you a franchise in states or other jurisdictions where registration is required unless and until we have complied with applicable pre-sale registration requirements in your state (or have been exempted therefrom) and a Franchise Disclosure Document has been delivered to you before the sale in compliance with applicable law. New York residents: This advertisement is not an offering. An offering can be made by prospectus only.